200 HOUR YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFIED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING WITH MARIA RADLOFF AND SARAH JANE BURKHOLZ
This 200 hour intensive will be held at The Front Climbing Club in Salt Lake City
Januray 26- July 1, 2018.
- Practice and study of Yoga Asanas linked with Pranayama and Vinyasa
- Learn and Practice teaching in a safe and supportive environment
- Hands on assisting / adjusting
- Study of Yogic Philosophies using ancient and contemporary texts
- Looking into the rich history of Yoga
- Anatomy pertaining to Yoga (includes a hands-on cadaver lab study)
- Subtle body systems; Chakras and Nadis (energetic pathways)
- Ayurvedic philosophy and practice
- Basic Sanskrit / Devanagri reading and chanting
- January 26-28
- February 9-11
- February 23-25
- March 9-11
- March 23-25
- April 6-8
- April 20-22
- May 4-6
- May 18-20
- June 1-3
- June 15-17
- June 29- July 1
Testimonials from our most recent Yoga Intensive at The Front with Sarah Jane, Sammy Brown and Rebecka Cooper:
“Thank you for sharing your love for the practice and wisdom with all of us. I think you all created a safe learning environment which allowed us to playfully explore the practice in depth.”
“I liked the intense focus on anatomy, breaking down the poses into counter poses, the history of yoga…clearly you all have a huge depth of knowledge to impart.”
“Happy that I got to do my first teacher training with such a fun, comfortable group. Loved the energy and the sense of playfulness from the teachers and students. I really enjoyed the Ashtanga focus but it was also really nice that we incorporated different styles of yoga as well.”
“This teacher training has surpassed all of my expectations of what training could be…I feel prepared to take the next steps in my yoga journey. I’m super grateful for the entire experience and look forward to building upon the skill sets I’ve developed throughout the program.”
“I loved the variety of things taught. Anatomy, philosophy, history, teaching tips, chanting, etc.”
“I really appreciated the balance between the teachers, their general composure and overall love and care that was there every single day….All teachers’ depth of knowledge brought a lot of confidence in what was being learned.”
“I am so sad this training is over. I have absolutely loved spending every other weekend with everyone….I am happy that I have gained confidence in adjusting and instructing students. I loved the anatomy lab…it made my anatomy knowledge click a little more from reviewing yoga anatomy….You all had many different things to teach and points of view and I feel like I got a well rounded knowledge about philosophy, history and practice. Yoga has made my life such a better place. Thank you so much for being here for me and the rest of the class to share your knowledge. I am so grateful to you all.”
Maria has been studying ashtanga yoga since 2008. She studied under Dave Oliver in Scottsdale, Arizona and has since then done trainings and classes with Prem & Radha Carlisi, Kino MacGregor, David Robson and Cheryl Oliver. She has also taken Mysore classes in the studios of Tim Miller and Richard Freeman.
She has been teaching ashtanga introductions for yoga teacher trainings since 2011 and has taught many studio ashtanga classes in the Phoenix and Salt Lake City areas since 2009.
Besides practicing ashtanga, Maria has been practicing and studying Sanskrit and Ayurveda. She has studied with Nicolai Bachman, Arun Deva, Niall Mandal (School of Practial Philosophy) and Cheryl Oliver. She continues her studies to this day, especially in her true love of Sanskrit. She has also done training in Vedic Chant with Cheryl Oliver.
Maria has been an instructor for Inbody Yoga Academy since 2010. She is currently the Director of Vedic studies there and teaches many ashtanga, sanskrit and ayurveda classes for their programs. She is also the lead instructor for the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Wasatch Ayurveda & Yoga.
Maria is a graphic designer when not at the studio, although most of her clients tend to be yogis and yoga studios, so she’s still there a lot! She also is crazy about her three Italian Greyhounds, Ginger, Coco and Chloe. She loves hiking in the mountains, playing piano, learning languages and having coffee with her friends.
Maria believes the world can be a better place through quality language, thus her passion for sanskrit, good grammar and creative writing.
Sarah Jane has been studying and practicing Ashtanga Yoga since 1998 and teaching at the Front since 2009. Among her studies have been:
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series Workshop and conferences with R. Sharath Jois in Los Angeles, California, June 2017
- Month long study with Paramaguru R. Sharath Jois in Mysore, India, November 2016
- Sanskrit 1 and 2 and Hatha Yoga Pradipika study with Laksmisha through KPJAYI, Mysore, India, November 2016
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series Workshop and conferences with R. Sharath Jois in Los Angeles, California, June 2016
- 5 day Essentials Intensive with Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor in Boulder Colorado, January 2014
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series workshop with Sharath Jois in Los Angeles, California, September 2014
- 200 hour Ashtanga Teacher Intensive from Richard Freeman‘s Ashtanga Teacher’s Intensive including 4 hour hands on anatomy labs in Boulder Colorado, 2012 with Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor
- Month long Sanskrit Study with Marcia Solomon in Boulder Colorado, 2012
- Weeklong Yoga Intensive: Buddha and the Yogis: the Vajra Body 2011 in Phoenicia, New York with Richard Freeman, Mary Taylor, John Campbell and Robert Thurman (professor of Indo-Tibetan Buddhist Studies at Columbia University)
- Week long study with Rolf and Marci Naujokat in Goa, India, 2011
- 20 hour Intensive Ayurveda Study in Kerala, India, 2009
- 200 hour Yoga Alliance Ashtanga training with Caroline Klebl in Kerala, India, 2009
I have a deep love for Ashtanga Yoga. I am so grateful to be part of a lineage that has brought awareness, abundance, harmony, discipline and health to my life. Experiencing a deeply rooted yoga practice can bring insight into the meaning of life. I want to help others find a love and enjoyment of this life long practice that can fit into practically anyone’s life, no matter the condition of their body.