I practice yoga to keep discipline in my life and to keep my mind, body and spirit in good health. I have been learning from the practice of Ashtanga Yoga to persevere with equanimity through all the trials and tribulations of life. What I encounter on my mat is practice for everything else.
I have been studying and practicing Ashtanga Yoga philosophy and asana since 1998. After 10 years of practicing and studying I decided to help spread the love by teaching as well, but I still consider myself first and foremost a student.
I truly and deeply love Ashtanga Yoga. I want to share this amazing practice from Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and his teacher Sri Tiramulai Krishnamacharya, who walked for 2.5 months to a cave at the foot of Mount Kailash in Tibet to learn from his teacher, Yogeshwara Ramamohana Brahmachari. I am so grateful to be part of a lineage that has brought inner abundance and harmony, and outer discipline and health to my life and well as the lives of many others around the world. Experiencing a deeply rooted yoga practice can bring insight into the meaning of the experience of life; paraphrasing Richard Freeman.
Studies, accreditations and workshops:
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series Workshop and conferences with R. Sharath Jois in Los Angeles, California, June 2017
- Month long study with Paramaguru R. Sharath Jois in Mysore, India, November 2016
- Sanskrit 1 and 2 and Hatha Yoga Pradipika study with Laksmisha through KPJAYI, Mysore, India, November 2016
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series Workshop and conferences with R. Sharath Jois in Los Angeles, California, June 2016
- 5 day Essentials Intensive with Richard Freeman in Boulder Colorado, January 2014
- 6 day Led Intermediate and Primary Series workshop with Sharath Jois in Los Angeles, California, September 2014
- 5 Day Led Intermediate and Primary Series workshop with R. Sharath and Saraswati Jois in Encinitas, California, 2013
- 200 hour Ashtanga Teacher Intensive from Richard Freeman‘s Ashtanga Teacher’s Intensive including 4 hour hands on anatomy labs in Boulder Colorado, 2012 with Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor
- Month long Sanskrit Study with Marcia Solomon in Boulder Colorado, 2012
- Weeklong Yoga Intensive: Buddha and the Yogis: the Vajra Body 2011 in Phoenicia, New York with Richard Freeman, Mary Taylor, John Campbell and Robert Thurman (professor of Indo-Tibetan Buddhist Studies at Columbia University)
- Week long study with Rolf and Marci Naujokat in Goa, India, 2011
- 20 hour Intensive Ayurveda Study in Kerala, India, 2009
- 200 hour Yoga Alliance Ashtanga training with Caroline Klebl in Kerala, India, 2009
I am grateful to have also learned from authorized teachers and students of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in their Mysore classrooms; Richard Freeman, Samuel Brown, David Miliotis, Devorah Sacks, Chad Herst, and Vance Selover, as well as Catherine Shaddix and Jeff Silverstein.